I came across a phenomenal infographic today about pools and swimming! Love seeing all these swimming pool facts in one fabulous graphic!
- There are 10.6 million pools in the US! That’s a lot of water!
- 17% of people pee in pools. How in the world did they figure that out?! haha
- 65% of Americans don’t know how to swim. Just another reason why we are so big about sharing swimming safety tips!
- The cannonball is the most popular way to jump in a pool. Well, of course!
Here are more great swimming and swimming pool facts!
- Porcupines float on water.
- Benjamin Franklin invented swimming fins out of wood when he was a teenager.
- Niagara Falls could fill all swimming pools in the US, in only 3 days!
- One hour of vigorous swimming will burn up to 650 calories. That is more calories than walking or biking.
- The average person produces 25,000 quarts of saliva in their lifetime… enough spit to fill two swimming pools! You know you wanted to know that factoid!