Gas Pool Heater Installation Checklist
Please read your heater installation and users guide carefully and review the checklist below before installing the heater. Note: The heater MUST be tested before connecting it to any remote controllers or switches. If you have problems or questions, please call a pool heating professional or contact the manufacturer (phone number located on the front of the unit.
- Check for loose connections on wiring harness and safety switches
- Check for correct power to heater (120V or 240V)
- Check that fireman’s switch or time clock/remote is correctly wired (24V)
- Check that heater and gas supply match
- Check that gas supply pipe is correct type and diameter
- Check that gas valve(s) are turned on
- Check that there are no gas leaks and that heater passes gas pressure test
- Check gas pressure on inlet side of heater gas valve
- Check that water piping is correctly connected to the manifold
- Check that correct pressure relief valve has been installed (if code requires it)
- Check for correct location of chemical feeder
- Check pressure switch adjustment
- Check circuit breaker
- Check main FILTER pump
- Check that system valves are correctly set
- Check water chemistry
- Check that filter has been cleaned and/or backwashed
- Check CONDENSATE TUBING is at its highest position at the cartridge outlet.
- Measure the supply pressure before and after the heater is on. Be sure the pressure drop is not more than 2 inwc.
- Set water flow to maintain a temperature rise of 30°F +/- 5°F between the water inlet temperature and the water outlet temperature from the heat exchangers.