The Pentair Ultra Temp 70 pool heat pump is a popular unit for its ease of use and reliability. The unit has a titanium heat exchanger that will resist all corrosion and a plastic cabinet that is equally resistant to pool chemicals and harsh weather conditions. The features that make it so easy to use are its LCD control board and AutoSet feature, which allow for owners to set up heating schedules and monitor the temperature of their pool. But the Ultra Temp 70 is also compatible with all automated control packages, so the options for programming are wide. The Emerson Copeland scroll compressor keeps the unit’s 70,000 BTUs running quieter than most. This pool heat pump is well suited for small and medium sized pools.
Features & Benefits
- 100% Titanium Heat Exchanger
- LCD Control Board - displays information in easy to read words with no decoding necessary
- AutoSet Feature (time clock over-ride) - turns the water circulation pump on and off as needed to maintain desired pool temperatures.
- Automatic Defrost - prevents freezing, allowing the heat pump to operate at even lower temperatures
- Corrosion-Resistant Cabinet - plastic composite cabinet stands up to severe climates and pool chemicals
- Ultra Quiet Scroll Compressor – the quietest compressor manufactured
- Thermostatic Expansion Valve (TXV) controls refrigerant flow for optimum efficiency
- Compatible with all automated control packages
- AHRI certified - BTU and efficiency independently certified by the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute
AHRI Standard Rating Conditions. Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute.
80°F/ 80°F/ 80%
Used as the basis of comparison for performance characteristics.
This institute operates to standardize the testing and performance data for all heat pumps. Seer Ratings and Performance data must be factual, accurate and verified.
80°F / 80°F / 63 %
BTU: British thermal unit. A BTU is the measured amount of heat output the unit will produce. The BTU output will vary with the ambient air temperature and humidity levels.
COP Coefficient of Performance = KW out/KW in; KW in = KW out/ COP.
The higher the number, the less electricity used. The coefficient of performance of a heat pump is the measured ratio of kilowatt usage compared to the kilowatt output. The greatest value a heat pump provides a pool owner is to deliver a warm pool or hot spa at the lowest possible cost of operation.
Heat pumps are available in single or three phase units.
A Three-Phase or Multi-Phase heat pump has 2 or more speeds with a high and low setting.
A single-phase heat pump has one setting for cooling and heating. Single phase heat pumps cycle air at one speed and may take longer to heat depending on the temperature.
One (1) year parts only. Ten (10) year compressor parts and labor. Lifetime warranty on the titanium heat exchanger. Product must be registered within sixty (60) days of installation at www.pentairpool.com/pool-owner/warranty.
No posts found