How Solar Panels Work
How solar panels work as a pool heater to heat the water in your swimming pool. Learn the process of how solar panels collect heat from the sun to heat a pool.
A solar pool heating system is simple to operate and requires no change in the way you maintain standard pool equipment.
The diagram below shows the components of a typical solar heater and the steps explain the process.
- Your existing pool pump moves water to the solar collectors.
- Cool water enters the solar collector from the bottom
- The water is then heated as it is pushed upwards through the collector tubes to the top header pipe.
- Warm water is returned to the pool.
- This continues until the water is heated to the desired temperature.